I promised an awesome giveaway so here it is. And when I mean awesome I mean AWESOME because the Kinect ROCKS.
And why, oh why, might you think, am I giving away a kinect? There are 2 reasons:
1. Because it is SO MUCH FUN for the whole family! This is a giveaway that even the mommies can enjoy. Most of us don’t ever have time to go to the gym or exercise. With the kinect you can work out, lose weight, stay healthy…all from the comfort of home. It is so much more fun than the WII! Typical kids will love it and the SN kiddos that are mobile can exercise and therapize while having fun. Check her out:
I wish that were me but it is not. But I have as much fun doing it as she does!
2. Because I need some help. We have been working with Nathan’s Dynavox for about 6 months now, and have made progress but I keep thinking there is so much more we could be doing with him. So I figured I’d combine a fun giveaway with a request for HEEEEEEEELP.
How can you help Nathan and enter to win a kinect?
We need ideas for boards to add to his dynavox. Here are a couple of examples of Nathan working on his dynavox:
The computer reads his retina, so he can look at a box that we pre-program, and it will say whatever we program it to say. In the example above, it had “simon says” in the middle, and the other boxes were actions, like jump up and down, dance, tickle me, etc.
Now we need ideas for MANY MORE boards like the ones above. We need boards that will help him learn in a fun and enticing way. Boards that will teach him the power of learning and communication in an enjoyable way.
Some examples of other boards that we have are:
- Choices for places to go
- Choices for toys to play with
- 4 boxes with the sequence and instructions for making a smoothie
- Choices of movie clips and sound clips
- Choices of books to read, and a box that says “turn the page” while another says “another book”
So what does a Kinect have to do with the Dynavox?
We need your ideas for new boards. For every board idea that you give us, you earn an entry. You can have unlimited entries. If I really like an idea, I will give you triple entries. Simply post your entries as a comment on this blog. Or if you post on facebook, a yahoo group, or somewhere else, please post a link in the comments on this blog so I know where to find it.
Entries will be written into papers and thrown into a box.
Watch Nathan pick the winner LIVE online!
On Dec 17th, at a predetermined time, Nathan and I will go online and do a live webcast drawing. You will be able to log on to this website and see Nathan and I in real time in our living room as Nathan draws a name from the box. The person whose name he draws will then win the Kinect PLUS a game of their choice. I will mail it right away so they get it before Christmas.
You can also gain extra entries by doing any one of the following:
• Follow PrayforNathan on Twitter.
• Tweet about this giveaway (once per day, please). Here’s a tweet: Win ax XBOX Kinect from @prayfornathan, ends 12/17, http://tinyurl.com/28e9njx
• Place a link from your website to www.prayfornathan.org
• Announce this contest as your facebook status for your friends to participate
• Post on other blogs or Yahoo groups announcing this contest, email me the links, and for every post you will gain an entry.
You must leave your email address with your entries, so I can contact you if you are the winner.
Good luck and thank you for helping us help our superhero!